Do you love pie?! I do and am so excited that Pi Day is right around the corner so that I can celebrate with some delicious pies. I’m so excited to celebrate Pi Day that I’ve compiled a list of 10 Pies for Pi Day so that you can enjoy!!
10 Pies for Pi Day
- Apple Butter Pie – Tastes of Lizzy T
- Waffle Iron Caramel Apple Pies – Domestic Superhero
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Pies – Shaken Together Life
- Grandma’s French Cherry Pie – Mom Endeavors
- Angus Barn Chocolate Chess Pie – Pizzazzerie
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie – Ashlee Marie
- French Silk Pie – Creations by Kara
- Caramel Custard Pie – Adventures of Mel
- No Bake Key Lime Pie – Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Lemon Cheesecake Pie – Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
After checking out the recipes above, which one is your favorite? I am a huge fan of Key Lime pie so I would have to say that one was my favorite. However, there are some on here like the Apple Butter Poe and the Lemon Sour Cream Pie that are unique flavors that I’d love to try.
What is Pi Day?
Just in case you’re wondering, here is a little bit of detail on why we celebrate 3/14 as Pi Day!!
“Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159.
Pi has been calculated to over one trillion digits beyond its decimal point. As an irrational and transcendental number, it will continue infinitely without repetition or pattern. While only a handful of digits are needed for typical calculations, Pi’s infinite nature makes it a fun challenge to memorize, and to computationally calculate more and more digits. (Source: PiDay.org)”