These Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets will be a favorite in your house. Cooking at home can save you and your family so much money, and allow you to eat healthier, too!
An air fryer is a must have appliance in your home because of the many foods you can make quickly for your family.
More Air Fryer Recipes
You can make amazing things in the air fryer including these copy cat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets. Your family won’t even know that you didn’t go to Chick-Fil-A.
What Ingredients Do You Need for Air Fryer Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken breast
- Dill pickle juice
- All-purpose flour
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Black pepper
- Ziploc bags
How to Make Air Fryer Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets
Add the dill pickle juice and chicken to a Ziploc bag. Seal and place in fridge overnight.
Add milk and egg to a small bowl. Whisk together.
Drain chicken from pickle juice and add to milk and egg mixture. Coat well.
Add flour, confectioner’s sugar, salt, pepper and paprika to Ziploc bag. Add chicken to bag and shake well to coat.
Preheat Air Fryer. Dip chicken into melted butter and spread evenly into Air Fryer.
Cool chicken until browned and cooked all the way through.
What temperature do I cook these chicken nuggets on?
I like to use my air fryer at 400 which will make the nuggets crispy and delicious!
How long do I soak the chicken in pickle juice?
The longer you soak them in pickle juice, the more flavorful they will be. I recommend at least 30 minutes but overnight is even better!
Can these be reheated?
Yes, of course, and they’re just as good as when you first made them! Just pop them on a microwave safe plate and cook on high power for 45 seconds. You can also place them on a cookie sheet and reheat in the oven if you’d like on 350 for about 10 minutes.
What dipping sauces are best?
Well, if we were at Chick-Fil-A, I would opt for the Chick-Fil-A sauce- yum! If I don’t have any packets at home, I like to make it myself:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
You’ll want to mix all of these ingredients together and then let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour. Enjoy. You can also use barbecue sauce, yum!
Can I bake instead of air fry?
While an air fryer offers the best crispiness and cooking technique, if you don’t have one you can bake them on a cookie sheet with a baking rack! This will offer them the opportunity to get a little crispier by being elevated.
Can I fry these instead of using an Air Fryer?
Fry these in a large skillet in about 1/2 cup of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook about 4 – 5 minutes per side until 165 in center.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken & Dumplings
- 20 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Cacciatore
- White Chicken Chili
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
- Italian Chicken
- Ranch Chicken with Bacon
- • 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into 1-2” cubes
- • 1 cup milk
- • 1 cup dill pickle juice
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- • 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- • 1 teaspoon paprika
- • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- • 2-gallon size Ziploc bags
- Add the dill pickle juice and chicken to a gallon size Ziploc bag. Seal and place in fridge overnight.
- Add milk and egg to a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Drain chicken from pickle juice and add to milk and egg mixture. Coat well.
- Add flour, confectioner’s sugar, salt, pepper and paprika to Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken to bag and shake well to coat.
- Pre-heat Air Fryer at 375 for 2 minutes. Dip chicken into melted butter and spread evenly into Air Fryer.
- Cook for 5 minutes. I added this step to brown the chicken more. You can leave this step out and not lose any delicious flavor.
- After 5 minutes, turn chicken over and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked all the way through.
Soak in the pickle juice as long as you can. Overnight is ideal but at least do 20 minutes.
Don't use an aerosol spray of cooking oil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 557Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 3279mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 44g