By now most of your kids have headed back to school after summer break– I cannot believe that Summer is already over. While I don’t have school-aged children (yet) I have numerous nieces and nephews that I helped in their Back to School preparations. From buying school supplies, to picking out their first day outfits….. it was pretty crazy. However, there are a few more things that should help when preparing your children for back to school!!
The Nothing But The Truth Publishing-sponsored Back to School Readiness Week begins with the launch of a unique new children’s book on the subject, Stewie Boomstein Starts School, that is getting rave reviews from educators, parents, and children alike. Secondly, Readiness week will include daily email tips from child and education specialists that parents can sign up for, as well as special downloads and at-home projects so families can come together around this important issue.
Stewie Boomstein Starts School is a fun and helpful 48-page book that is divided into two parts. Firstly, a fun story about Stewie Boomstein and secondly, there is a parent tips section in the back of the book. The parent tips section includes concrete tips for parents from our interviews with two renowned child and education specialists. Studies have shown that transition practices, such as those we recommendin the tips section at the end of the book, significantly improve a child’s academic achievement well beyond kindergarten.
During Readiness Week, parents can sign up to get a free Daily Back to School Readiness tip delivered into their inbox. Here is the link to sign up. Back-to-School themed art projects are downloadable on our website, Nothing But The Truth.
This book is SO colorful and perfect to share with your child as you prepare for back to school or work through the first few weeks! You’ll want to sign up for the Back to School Readiness Tip delivered daily to your inbox for FREE— how neat! Here are a few Back to School tips taken from the adorable Stewie Boomstein Starts School Book:
1. Make your child feel comfortable on the first day of school: Give your child as much information as possible about their first few days of school. This will help prepare the child to encounter their new schedule, and get out the door on time. You can also see if you’re able to set up some playdates with your child’s classmates, this will help him to know some familiar faces!
2. Know their schedule: Ask the teacher or school for a schedule so that you’re aware of the day that your child will experience. you can also ask for what concepts and materials they’ll be learning to help them learn at home.
3. Be emotionally ready: It is very important for the parents to be emotionally ready in order to help your child! Focus on empathizing with your child and providing a rock of confdence in them to help them navigate this exciting new experience.
4. Find out when you say “Bye”: Check with your school to see if there is a certain time that you’re asked to leave and let the child experience the first day alone. Make sure your child is aware of this and help ease the transition by offering them something in the classroom like a book or a toy. Do not draw out the goodbye… it is only temporary.
5. Some kids get upset at the end of the school day: Some children have such a blast at school and never want to leave. OR they could simply have held it together ALL day and now lets their emotions out!
These are only 5 of the tips found in this adorable book– purchase your copy on Amazon and be “Back to School” ready with your child!
I have the awesome opportunity to give ONE This N That with Olivia reader a copy of the Stewie Boomstein Starts School book. To enter, simply complete the entries on the Rafflecopter below! No purchase necessary to enter. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond or the prize will be forfeited. The giveaway is open to the Continental US only who are 18+. The giveaway will be open from August 25, 2014 at 12:01AM EST to September 1, 2014 at 11:59PM EST. This giveaway is in no way sponsored by, endorsed, or affiliated with Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media. It is against Twitters rules to use multiple accounts or create new accounts to increase your chances of winning; therefore, you may use only ONE Twitter account to enter this giveaway. Anyone found using multiple Twitter accounts to increase their chances of winning will be disqualified. This N That with Olivia is not responsible for prize fulfillment.