If you’re looking for an amazing dessert recipe that will have your guests oohing and aahing, then look no further! These Brownie Bottom Nutella Cheesecake Bars are absolutely incredible. The rich, chocolate brownie base is topped with a creamy cheesecake layer, and finished off with a delicious layer of Nutella. Trust me, these bars are sure to impress!
Cheesecake bars are a delicious and elegant looking dessert that are perfect for just about any occasion. They don’t take too long to make and are easily customizable. One of my favorite ways to change up cheesecake bars is to change the crust. You can use a traditional graham cracker crust or a cookie crust. In this recipe, we will make these cheesecake bars with a brownie bottom!
Nutella is a spread that we keep in our house all of the time as it is my 7 year olds favorite sandwich spread. In fact, he takes a Nutella and Peanut Butter sandwich to school about 2-3x a week for lunch. He also loves cheesecake (and so do I) so these Brownie Bottom Nutella Cheesecake Bars are perfect for us.
HOW DO I STORE THESE BROWNIES?
Since there is cheesecake involved, you’ll want to store these brownies in the refrigerator. I like to put them in an airtight container and within quick reach because they’re so delicious.
CAN I USE SOMETHING OTHER THAN NUTELLA?
If you’re not a fan of Nutella or just don’t have any in your pantry, you can try substituting melted chocolate chips. While this recipe works best with the Nutella spread, melted chocolate chips could swirl easily if you’re in a pinch. I have not tested this substitution though.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE CHEESECAKE BARS?
For these Brownie Bottom Nutella Cheesecake Bars you’ll need a box of brownie mix, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, marshmallow fluff and Nutella. (Quantities are listed in the Recipe Card below).
HOW DO I MAKE BROWNIE BOTTOM NUTELLA CHEESECAKE BARS?
These brownies are made in a few steps but don’t get overwhelmed as they’re not challenging at all. Plus, the end product is to die for. There is something about the combination of the brownie bottom, delicious vanilla cheesecake and the hazelnut spread that is irresistible!
Prepare Brownie Crust
Mix the brownie mix and ingredients on the box as the instructions show.
Bake in greased 9×9 pan based upon the box recommendations. Allow to cool enough to touch.
Using a large spoon, lightly press down on the brownie to compact it slightly.
Nutella Cheesecake Bars Topping
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
Place the softened cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
Add in eggs and vanilla and combine.
Once combined, add in the marshmallow fluff and mix to combine.
Pour this mixture over top of the prepared brownie and spread evenly.
Using a spoon, drizzle the Nutella on the cheesecake topping evenly.
Take a toothpick and swirl the Nutella into the cheesecake mixture.
Baking Instructions for Brownie Bottom Nutella Cheesecake Bars
Bake for 20 minutes.
Once the 20 minutes are up, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Once finished baking, turn the oven off leaving the cheesecake inside for 10 minutes.
Remove and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature.
Once at room temperature, cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Once chilled, take out and cut into 12 squares.
Serve these cheesecake bars with fresh fruit or enjoy as is.
More Chocolate Desserts to Love
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Breakfast Muffins
- The Best Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!
- No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Sweet Rolls
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Oreos
Brownie Bottom Nutella Cheesecake Bars are the perfectly delicious combination of a brownie crust, decadent vanilla cheesecake and a tasty Nutella spread.
- 1 box Brownie mix
- 16 oz. Cream cheese- room temperature
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Marshmallow fluff
- 1/3 cup Chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- Prepare the brownie mix as the instructions are listed on the box.
- Bake in a prepared 9x9 pan following the temperature and time instructions on the box.
- Once baked, allow to cool enough to touch
- Using a large spoon, lightly press down on the brownie to compact it down slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- To start the filling, place the cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Once well combined, add in the marshmallow fluff and mix one final time.
- Pour over the brownie and spread evenly.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the Nutella on the cheesecake evenly.
- Take a toothpick and swirl around the Nutella into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once finished baking, turn the oven off leaving the cheesecake inside for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Once chilled, take out and cut into 12 squares.
- Serve with fresh fruit or enjoy as is.
- It is VERY important to follow the baking and cooling instructions to ensure no cracks are formed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
This N That with Olivia, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thisnthatwitholivia.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.