You had me at chocolate — but then you add in Andes Mints and I am sold. These Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies are delicious and easy to make. They would be perfect for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day holiday and I think I’ll be making some to take to work. Although I could sit and eat a whole pack of Andes Mints, I prefer them baked in things or even on top of things — perfect! I’ve made some delicious Andes Mint brownies before and am ready to try out some other delicious recipes with Andes Mints. This recipe for Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies is about as easy as it gets — cake mix, icing and Andes Mints. Delicious and perfect!
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 squeeze pouch Betty Crocker green cookie icing
2 cups Andes Mints – broken into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This will keep the cookies from spreading into each other.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the cake mix, baking powder, eggs, vegetable oil and extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
5. Using a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop, transfer the dough onto the baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
8. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to completely cool.
9. Once cooled, squeeze icing over the top of each cookie.
10. Sprinkle broken pieces of Andes mint candies on top of the icing.
This is such an easy recipe for using Andes Mints in baking! I love Andes Mints and need to pick up another pack to make a batch for work in celebration of the St. Patrick’s Day holiday! What are your favorite Andes Mint recipes?!