Christmas is right around the corner and this Christmas Cookie Sugar Scrub will be your new favorite DIY recipe. Did you know that sugar scrub is easy to make? Yep, it is SO simple and takes just a few ingredients.
This Christmas Cookie Sugar Scrub is perfect for those people on my list. It is simple, yet elegant! Just grab a small mason jar to store this sugar scrub in and its ready for use and/or gift giving!
Be sure to pin this DIY project for later HERE!
Ingredients Needed for Christmas Cookie Sugar Scrub
For complete directions scroll to the bottom of the post where the recipe card is! You can also print the recipe there!
How to make Christmas Cookie Sugar Scrub
- Melt coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl.
2. Add vanilla essential oil and mix.
3. Add sugar and mix well.
4. Mix in your sprinkles and scoop into a 8oz Mason jar.
How to Store Christmas Cookie Sugar Scrub
Make sure you keep this sugar scrub in an airtight container like a mason jar to ensure that it maintains its features!
Can I use a different essential oil?
Instead of vanilla, you can opt for a peppermint or other festive scent. Be sure to use therapeutic grade essential oil though!
Can I substitute for the Coconut Oil?
Of course you can. Here are some alternatives:
Note that you do not have to melt the almond or jojoba oil. You will need to melt the avocado butter just as you would the coconut oil.
Do the nonpareils melt over time?
I’d recommend keeping this on the shelf no longer than 6 months in an airtight container. You may notice some melting in the nonpareils over time but it would take awhile for them to melt completely.
What can I use this for?
This is a body scrub! It works great for moisturizing dry areas like my elbows and knees while in the shower. It is not recommended to use this on your face.
This Christmas Cookie Sugar Scrub is great for Christmas gift giving and super easy to make.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon red, green and white nonpareil sprinkles
- 6 drops therapeutic grade vanilla essential oil
- Microwave safe bowl
- 8 oz mason jar
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your coconut oil for 30 to 40 seconds (caution, coconut oil gets hot quickly).
- Add 6 drops of your essential oil to your oil and mix.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your sugar and essential oil/coconut oil blend and mix well.
- Mix in your sprinkles and scoop into a 8oz Mason jar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.