Ice Cream Cake is such a delicious dessert! You won’t have to buy any more ice cream cakes after you make this one. With delicious layers of ice cream, candy and more, you are sure to please any crowd.
Ice cream cake is a delicious summertime treat! It is delicious and super easy to make, too, which makes it a go-to dessert for my family and friends. If you love ice cream, check out this Homemade Cookies N Cream Ice Cream, Homemade No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream and Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
A Delicious Summertime Treat
Are your summers hot? Ours are here in Maryland and VERY humid. We love spending time outdoors but what gets to us before the heat usually is the humidity. We can walk outside and immediately start sweating. Although I was born and raised here, it is still hard for me to adjust sometimes with the humidity is so high.
We depend on other cool desserts like these Blueberry Lemonade Ice Pops to keep us outdoors more.
Another one of our favorites is this Easy Homemade Ice Cream Cake!
This ice cream cake takes minimal time and effort which allows for more time together as a family. In fact, this dessert can be made as a family activity.
You can change this cake up to make it how you’d like it too. Add your favorite candies and drizzled sauces to make it your own.
What Do You Need to Make Ice Cream Cake?
This ice cream cake is super easy. Once you see the ingredient list and how to make it below, I promise you will agree.
- Ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Hot fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- M&M’S for topping
Grab your ingredients and lets make an ice cream cake!
How Do I Make Ice Cream Cake?
Now that you’ve gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to assemble your easy ice cream cake. This ice cream cake makes about 12 servings.
Grab your rectangular pan and lay the ice cream sandwiches down in the bottom to form a layer.
Spread some cool whip on top of the ice cream sandwiches.
Warm up the hot fudge sauce and drizzle it with the caramel sauce over top the ice cream sandwiches.
Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches and drizzle more hot fudge and caramel sauce.
Now spread out the rest of the Cool Whip on top evenly.
Cover the delicious ice cream cake with plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
Drizzle some more hot fudge and caramel sauce on top.
Finally, sprinkle with M&M’s candies.
Cut the cake and serve frozen.
Do I Thaw the Ice Cream Sandwiches?
Nope, keep the ice cream sandwiches in your freeze until you’re ready to assemble the cake!
What Are Some Other Topping Ideas?
Any toppings can be used, such as sprinkles, crushed Oreo cookies, mini chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, etc.
How Long Will Ice Cream Cake Last in the Freezer?
How Can I Transport this Ice Cream Cake without Melting?
Yes, you can transport this cake without it melting. It takes some extra care but it can bed done. Simply use an insulated cooler to transport your ice cream cake along with some ice to keep it cold. Here are some ice options:
- Ice Cubes – these will work great for shorter distances. I recommend putting them in bags so when they melt some it won’t make a huge mess.
- Ice Packs – these will last much longer than ice cubes. They also lay flat which means that there is less space for your cake to move around.
- Dry Ice – Your ice cream cake will stay frozen for a longer time with dry ice. However, that means that your cake may need to thaw some before you cut it if storing/transporting with dry ice.
- 24 ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped
- 1 large (16 ounces) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Hot fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- M&M’S for topping
- In a 9x13-inch pan, place 12 of the ice cream sandwiches in a single layer.
- Scoop half of the Cool Whip onto the ice cream sandwich layer and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce (you may need to warm it just enough to be able to drizzle, but it should not be hot or it will melt the Cool Whip) and caramel sauce over the Cool Whip.
- Add the remaining 12 ice cream sandwiches in a single layer, then drizzle on more hot fudge and caramel sauce.
- Scoop the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the cake and spread out evenly.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours until completely firm.
- Drizzle more hot fudge and caramel sauce over top of the cake, then sprinkle with M&M’S.
- Cut the cake and serve frozen.
- It’s best to keep the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer until it’s time to assemble the cake.
- Any toppings can be used, such as sprinkles, crushed Oreo cookies, mini chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, etc.
- The cake keeps well in the freezer for up to two months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g
This N That with Olivia, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thisnthatwitholivia.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.