This healthy and delicious detox salad will help you get back on track after the holiday fun! The holidays are over and it’s a new year. Do you make new year’s resolutions or goals?
A new year means new beginnings and that can mean getting back on track with your fitness and health goals.
My word for 2020 is consistency. I aim to be consistent in my personal life, and in my career. This means a variety of things. One is continuing to treat my son’s pediatric feeding disorder and another is to keep up with my decluttering and simplified life that I try to lead.
In my career, it means continuous learning opportunities and ensuring that I am appreciative of my team all year.
Easy & Delicious Detox Salad
If you’re trying to get back on track after all the holiday parties and all of the delicious goodies, this detox salad will help. Try this delicious salad that is going to put you in the right mood for the entire year.
It’s full of ingredients to help build your immune system, and keep you moving right through to Spring. You’re going to love this recipe!
Ingredients Needed for Detox Salad
- Red Cabbage
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Onions
- Golden Raisins
- Sesame Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
What do you need for the detox salad dressing?
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Maple Syrup
- Garlic Salt
- Minced Garlic
More Recipes Like This:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Breakfast Muffins
- Healthy and Fast Quinoa Dinner
- Air Fryer Panko Breaded Salmon
- Cobb Salad on a Stick
- Simple Pasta Salad
- Sweet & Savory Roasted Chicken Salad
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad
How to Make Detox Salad
- 3 cups of chopped Kale
- half a head of Red cabbage - chopped
- 1 small head of Broccoli - cut into florets
- 3 Carrots - peeled and sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 bunch of Flat leaf Italian Parsley - chopped
- 3 green onions - chopped fine
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- 1 cup of Walnuts - chopped
- 1 cup of Sesame seeds
- 1 cup of Sunflower seeds
- Chop the Kale, cabbage, and Broccoli, and place them, separately, in a colander, and rinse well under cool running water, then place on paper towels to drain.
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Wash the red pepper, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Wash the Parsley, and chop into fine pieces, and lay on paper towels to drain.
- Clean and chop the green onions.
- Place all ingredients that have been washed and chopped into a large salad bowl, and toss.
- Add the raisins, walnuts, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
You can top this salad with grilled chicken, grilled pork, grilled steak, or crumbled bacon. You can serve it with crusty bread, croutons, or crackers. Or, any other favorite salad toppings, such as shredded cheeses.
How to make the Salad Dressing
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, ginger, maple syrup, garlic salt and minced garlic to a blender and blend until completely mixed.
Place the dressing in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Shake the dressing well, and pour the dressing over the salad.
- 1/2 cup of Olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger
- 1/2 cup of Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- In a blender, place the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, ginger, maple syrup, garlic salt, and minced garlic, and blend all ingredients until completely mixed.
- Place the Dressing in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, shake the dressing well, and pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to coat salad in dressing. Serve, and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What other options do you have for the salad?
If you’d like, you can top this salad with grilled chicken, grilled pork, grilled steak ard/or crumbled bacon! You can also serve it with crusty bread, croutons or crackers. Also, feel free to add any of your favorite salad toppings like shredded cheeses!
How long can you keep the salad dressing?
Keep this salad dressing chilled for 1-2 months in the refrigerator. I love to keep it in this mix and store container because it is easy to shake it before using and it keeps it fresh!
When should I add the dressing?
Wait until you’re ready to serve this delicious salad to put the dressing on! You don’t want the salad to wilt or get soggy.