Looking for an adorable and fun party idea? These Minion crayon favors are perfect for the goodie bags that you send home with the kiddos that attend your child’s party. Liam will be 1 in just a few weeks- crazy, right? I am working to plan his 1st birthday party and trying to find some fun ideas for him and the kids that will be there for his party. These Minion favors would be perfect. They’re easy to make too!
- Yellow and orange crayons
- Muffin or donut tin
- Non stick cooking spray
The amount of crayons you need will depend on the number of crayons you are creating. For the donut shaped crayons you see here, we used about 2 standard sized crayons per donut.
1. Begin by breaking each crayon in half. This will make peeling the paper off easier.
2. Remove the paper wrapping from the crayons. Make sure they are completely cleaned off and free from all wrapping and wrapping residue.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray the inside of your donut or muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
4. While the oven preheats, begin breaking your crayons up into smaller segments. You should be able to get about 4-5 segments per crayon stick.
5. Drop the segments into the donut or muffin tin. You want to create one layer with the crayon bits. For thicker crayons, add an additional layer.
6. Heat in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until liquefied. Carefully remove and allow to cool.
7. Place the pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help loosen them from the tin. Gently turn the tin over to release the crayons.
8. Wipe away any non stick oil residue with a damp cloth. Your crayons are now ready to be enjoyed!