Spring is on its way and Easter is coming, do you have any parties to attend or events at your kid’s school to send a treat in for? These Easter Bunny Cookies are adorable and are sure to be a hit at every event. Plus, they’re made from scratch with some easy decorating done! There are so many ways to celebrate Easter, and one of my favorite ways is with the Christ-Centered Easter Countdown from the Dating Divas. You can make Easter Weekend a fun event for the whole family with some baked goods and part of the Easter Countdown.
Easter Bunny Cookies
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon milk
1. Preheat your oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Now mix in your egg and almond extract.
4. Then mix in your flour and milk.
5. Form your dough into a large ball and roll into flour if it’s still a little sticky.
6. Roll out your dough onto a lightly floured surface and use your flower cookie cutter to cut out your flower circles.
7. Bake for 13 minutes and let cool.
8. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat your white candy melts on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
9. Pour your candy melts into a decorating bag, cut a tiny tip off the end and use to draw 2-3” ears onto a piece of parchment paper.
10. Sprinkle a little pink sugar into the center of the white ears and transfer to the freezer to harden.
11. Once your cookies are cooled, spread out a small amount of white melting chocolate and top with coconut.
12. Carefully placed the hardened ears onto the top of the cookie with a little melted chocolate.
13. Draw the bunnies face with your black gel icing and use a heart candy for a nose.
14. Add a carrot to the mouth with a little melted chocolate.