Fall is officially here, and in my house that means that I bake all of the fall desserts. One thing that I’ve wanted to make was a trifle in my new trifle bowl. Thanks to Krusteaz and a few other ingredients, this Pumpkin Butterscotch Trifle is easy and delicious! If you bake pumpkin bread or muffins and have some leftover, they’re perfect for this delicious dessert.
Be sure to scroll down to enter the giveaway!
When I don’t make pumpkin bread from scratch, I look for baking mixes made with real pumpkin. Krusteaz is my all time favorite baking mix company and I use them for just about every quick dessert. I whipped up a loaf of their Pumpkin Quick Bread and took some to our friend’s house. Then, I made this layered dessert with the leftovers!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Trifle
- 1 box Krusteaz Pumpkin Quick Bread or Muffins (prepared as directed)
- 4 boxes instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 15 oz. can Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Crumble about 3 cups of the prepared Pumpkin Quick Bread or Muffins. Set aside 1/4 cup for the topping and divide the remainder into 4 equal portions.
- Spread one portion of the pumpkin bread crumbles on the bottom of a trifle dish or serving bowl.
- In a large bowl mix the pumpkin, butterscotch pudding mix, milk and spices until combined. Spread 1/2 of it on top of the crumb layer. Sprinkle 2nd portion of crumbs on top.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks appear. Spread 1/2 on top of last crumb layer. Sprinkle 3rd portion of crumbs on top.
- Add the remaining butterscotch mixture on top and spread evenly. Sprinkle 4th portion of crumbs evenly.
- Spread remaining whipped cream on tip. Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup of crumbs on top.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Looking for some more Fall recipes & desserts?
This N That with Olivia is super excited to offer ONE reader a Assortment of Krusteaz Pumpkin Baking Mixes! To enter to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below.
The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to USA, 18+ only. Limit one entrant per household. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest, Instagram or Klout.
This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. Entrants must only enter with either one email address, IP address and/or Facebook account, anyone found violating these rules will be disqualified. It is at the sole discretion of the admin of the giveaway if the winner has met the rules or not.