I absolutely love the fall season – cooler weather, hoodies, pumpkin spice, apple cider, and holidays. With the cooler weather comes the need for more indoor and fun family activities – we get so used to being outdoors in the warmer weather that it can come as a shock to be indoors for an extended period of time. The wonderful thing about Fall, though, is that it is still warm enough to do family friendly activities outdoors – all you’ll need is a hoodie and something warm to drink. Here are some family friendly fun and frugal fall activities.
1. Visit a Pumpkin Farm — you can even pick out a pumpkin and paint or carve it. Our local pumpkin farms even have corn mazes for our family to go through and a hayride!
2. Make Caramel Apples — what a fun family activity that you can enjoy together.
3. Have a Bonfire — complete with s’mores!!
4. Movie Night — enjoy some caramel corn and some snacks in front of the TV with your family.
5. Make a Scarecrow or Fall Craft — let those creative juices flow! Check out these Turkey Bottles.
6. Take a Family Hike — you will explore the changing leaves and other awesome colors of the Fall season.
7. Go Apple Picking — what fun! Enjoy the fruits of your labor later 😉
8. Rake Leaves — this is a necessary chore but it can be a fun one …. jump in the big pile of leaves after you’re done.
9. Catch Lightning Bugs — this was a favorite activity for me as a kid. It is so fun!!
10. Go Camping — you don’t even have to go anywhere, just set up the tent in your backyard!
Enjoy the fall weather, as soon we will be indoors with colder temperatures. Perhaps some of these activities can become traditions for your family — I know we attend a corn maze every year, carve a pumpkin and have a bonfire. However, I would love to go apple picking this year and make some apple desserts — one of my favorite tastes of the season. What are some of your favorite fall activities? I’d love to see what others do!