Once Christmas is over, the kids usually spend a good week or two with their new toys, before they decide they are old news. Then the boredom sets in. It might be too cold to play outside, so they are stuck indoors more than they may like to be. With Valentine’s Day coming up, it is the perfect time to get started on some crafts with your little ones. Toddlers love crafts, so check out these fun Valentine’s Day craft ideas for toddlers.
Fun Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas for Toddlers
- Valentine’s day is the perfect time to get out a canvas and some paints.
- Start by painting your little one’s hand and printing it on the top right corner of the canvas.
- This project is best if it is a square canvas. However, you can also use a rectangle one, just place the letters and prints in a straight line.
- Next, paint the bottom of their feet and print them on the bottom left of the canvas, heels together, in the shape of the letter “v.” Lastly paint the letter “L” on the top left, and the letter “e” on the bottom right.
- Your personalized Valentine’s Day painting is now complete. You guessed it right, this personalized canvas spells LOVE.
Paper Heart Bouquet
- Start by helping your child cut out various sized hearts, on different colored sheets of construction paper.
- Then let them decorate them however they please. Glitter, buttons, stickers and marker all make a great addition.
- Once the hearts are complete, you can then attach green pipe cleaners for the stems, and tie a ribbon around them to make a bouquet.
- It’ll be hard to not get in there and help your toddler make this craft because it will be messy, but they will love it because it will be FUN!
I Love You to Pieces
- This one is fun, because your kids get to rip up colored construction paper into little pieces.
- You can cut out a heart while they are doing this.
- Glue the heart onto a piece of paper, with the words, “I love you to pieces” on it.
- Then let your kids glue the pieces of paper onto the heart for a cute valentine!
- Ladybugs appear to have gotten struck by Cupid, with this craft.
- Create a round body with red construction paper, then attach a small black lady bug head to it.
- Then cut out little black hearts of different sizes.
- Glue the little black hearts onto the ladybug’s back, for its spots! And now you have a “Love Bug.”
Toddler crafts are meant to be fun and they won’t be perfect by any means. Just remember you’re creating memories with your toddler and that’s what matters the most.