Warmer weather is here, finally! I am so excited to be able to spend time outdoors with my family and enjoy the nice days. However, sometimes rain can damper that day planned outside!! These are the days that I look for ideas of things to do indoors with my family. One idea is this adorable DIY Flower Garden Playdough which will provide hours of fun and creativity for your little ones. This playdough is so easy to make and uses products from your home that are safe! After we make this recipe and play, we need an easy clean up! I love that the NEW sulfate free all® fresh clean ESSENTIALS® delivers a powerful clean without harshness.
DIY Flower Garden Playdough
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups water
1 cup salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
Wilton pink food color
Wilton orange food color
Wilton yellow food color
Wilton green food color
1. Add the flour, water, salt, oil and cream of tartar to a Dutch oven or large pan.
2. Heat the pan over medium heat, stirring continuously until a stiff ball of dough forms and you can stir no longer it easily (3-4 minutes).
3. Remove the dough from the pan and knead it for 3-4 minutes on a flat workspace while it is still warm.
4. Separate the dough into 4 even sections. Press your finger into the middle of each piece to create a ‘well’.
5. In the first piece, add pink food coloring to the ‘well’ and knead until the color is evenly distributed. You may find it easier to knead the dough in a plastic bag to eliminate getting any food color on your hands.
6. Add orange food coloring to the well of the second piece. Knead the dough until the color is evenly distributed.
7. Add yellow food coloring to the third piece and knead until you achieve your desired shade of yellow.
8. In the last piece of playdough, add green food coloring and knead until the green color is evenly distributed.
HOW TO PLAY
Use cookie cutters to cut out flower and petal playdough shapes.
Green pipe cleaners can be added as stems.
Sprinkle beads and/or pom poms to decorate the flowers. Add a bee or butterfly embellishment to finish your playdough garden!
*Keep your flower garden playdough in an airtight plastic bag or container for up to 3 months.
Clean Up with NEW all® fresh clean ESSENTIALS®
The all new sulfate free all® fresh clean ESSENTIALS® is available on the top shelf at your local Walmart. The sulfate-free formula infuses fabrics with essential, proven and effective ingredients for deep cleaning and stain lifting even on the toughest stains. This is essential as both indoor and outdoor activities can get messy! Plus, you can print a $1.50/1 sulfate free all® fresh clean ESSENTIALS® coupon that is valid from May 1 – July 31 or while supplies last.
Don’t be afraid of the mess!! Sulfate free all® fresh clean ESSENTIALS® includes the ingredients on the back of the bottle so you know what ingredients are going onto your family’s laundry. It is one of the first laundry products to put ingredients out there for consumers to know what the ingredients are and why they’re essentials.
Head on over to your local Walmart and pick up some new sulfate free all® fresh clean ESSENTIALS®. You’ll find this product in the laundry aisle near the top shelf. Walmart carries both fragrance free and fresh scent in 36.4oz/28ld.