Gingerbread is one of my all time favorite flavors for the Holidays! This season, I’m making a wide variety of foods for these people and one of those things I am baking is Gingerbread Loaf.
It is much easier than you may think! I love molasses and the icing that is on it — so why not make it for gift giving?! Check out the delicious and easy recipe & tutorial below and let me know in the comments what other things you like to make for the Holidays.
More Holiday Recipes:
DIY Gift Ideas
Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread Loaf
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Buttermilk (see how to make homemade buttermilk)
Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread Loaf Glaze
- Confectioners sugar
How to Make Gingerbread Loaf
Preheat oven and spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake.
Cool in the loaf pan.
This delicious Gingerbread Loaf will be a favorite in your house. It is perfect for the holidays.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. (Flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice).
- In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients. (Butter, molasses, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.)
- Combine the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
How to Make Glaze for Gingerbread Loaf
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Drizzle the glaze over a cooled cake.
Gingerbread Loaf is a favorite recipe to make for the holidays. The delicious glaze is the best part 😉
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Drizzle over cooled Gingerbread Loaf.