Gingerbread is one of my all time favorite flavors for the Holidays! This season, I’m making a wide variety of foods for these people and one of those things I am baking is Gingerbread Loaf.
It is much easier than you may think! I love molasses and the icing that is on it — so why not make it for gift giving?! Check out the delicious and easy recipe & tutorial below and let me know in the comments what other things you like to make for the Holidays.
More Holiday Recipes:
DIY Gift Ideas
Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread Loaf
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Buttermilk (see how to make homemade buttermilk)
Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread Loaf Glaze
- Confectioners sugar
How to Make Gingerbread Loaf
Preheat oven and spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake.
Cool in the loaf pan.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. (Flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice).
- In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients. (Butter, molasses, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.)
- Combine the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
How to Make Glaze for Gingerbread Loaf
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Drizzle the glaze over a cooled cake.
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Drizzle over cooled Gingerbread Loaf.