Summer is the perfect time to go green in the laundry room!
Chances are your laundry basket is already overflowing with beach towels, wet bathing suits, and muddy play clothes. The good news is that when it comes to tackling stains and smells, natural alternatives can be just as effective as the products you’re used to!
Not only is a green laundry routine a great way to create a healthier home for you and your family, but it can also save you a ton of money in the long run.⠀⠀
First, grab this free set of method free & clear laundry packs + Grove wool dryer balls + free shipping & 60 day VIP trial with your first order of $20 from Grove Collaborative.
Then follow these simple tips to go green in the laundry room:
- The lazy days of summer are here, so I appreciate anything that makes my life easier. Laundry packs are truly effortless — no drips, no spills, no measuring. Toss a few in your suitcase for doing laundry on summer road trips instead of lugging around a bottle of detergent.
- Soaking clothes overnight can help loosen grass stains and popsicle drips. Simply fill your washing machine with water, add your detergent and clothes, and let everything soak overnight while you sleep. In the morning, hit “start” and say goodbye to stains.
- White-on-white looks great with a tan — not so good with deodorant and sunblock stains. Chlorine-free bleach is a great way to keep whites fresh without the “bleachy” smell.
- Take advantage of breezy days and line dry your laundry. Instead of rushing, savor the small moments: the feel of sunshine on your face, the sight of laundry flapping in the breeze, and the smell of sun-dried clothing. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- For those items that still need to go in the dryer, using wool dryer balls can cut down on waste (no more dryer sheets!), make your laundry softer, and speed up drying time. Your clothes and your energy bill will thank you!
- Customize a laundry scent that will make you smile every time you get a whiff of your clothing. Just pick your favorite essential oil and apply a few dabs to your wool dryer balls for a fresh load of laundry.
- Mix up your own natural linen spray by combining 1 oz. witch hazel with 10 drops of your favorite Grove essential oil and 3 oz. of water in a spray bottle. Spritz onto freshly laundered sheets, towels, and clothing.
Never run out of detergent again! Grove Collaborative delivers all your favorite natural household and personal care products to your doorstep, on your schedule. Once you’ve submitted your first order, you’ll be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, you’ll get free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service.