Finding joy and happiness in day to day tasks is essential for our health. There are so many things that we have to get done around the house that it is easy to grow sick and tired of doing these tasks. I’m talking about the ones that we hate to do but we have to do – like cleaning toilets, changing diapers, washing and putting away laundry, etc. There are ways, however, to find happiness in these tasks.
As a busy Mom to a toddler who also works outside of the home and has a business, I find myself falling into this trap all too often. My weekends are spent catching up on the things that I didn’t get to do through the week! These tasks like laundry and vacuuming are pushed to the sidelines a lot because I want to spend as much time as possible with my little family on the nights I am home through the week. There are a few ways that I’ve found that help me to be happy in all that I do.
5 Ways to Be Happy
- Take Time for Yourself — I cannot stress this enough and I fail miserably most days. This doesn’t have to be a long amount of time but it does need to happen. I’ve shared 10 Ways to Find 10 Minutes to Yourself and find myself referencing this list almost daily. 10 minutes spent reading a book, exercising or even taking a hot shower are important to your well being.
- Make Memories — Find a way to involve the whole family in the daily tasks. I’ve been involving my toddler in switching the laundry from the washer to the dryer. He absolutely LOVES to help and I’m enjoying and soaking up those smiles each chance I get.
- Get More Sleep — This is easier said than done, I know! This is vital to your overall health and mental well being. Set a bedtime and a wake up time that is reasonable but still gives you enough sleep.
- Get Outside — A breath of fresh air is sometimes all I need to get me through the day at work! In the evenings when it is warmer outside, our family goes outside and just spends time out there playing together. It is so nice to just ‘get away’ for a bit.
- Practice Smiling & Encourage Others — Smiling is a sign of joy and happiness. Try to smile through everything and you’ll notice a difference in your life, promise. Also, encourage others by smiling or giving a compliment. It will make you feel good!!
These are some of the way that I’ve worked to be happy in my daily life and I’ve noticed a huge difference. These are very easy things to do, too!
Be Series Shirt Deal
Cents Of Style has the best selection of shirts for gift giving or for yourself. I have a few of them and love each and every one of them. Not only do they have amazing reminders and messages on them, they’re also very comfortable. Each and every time I wear one of these shirts, I get complimented. I’ve been working on returning the compliment too!! Score a shirt from their adorable Be Series for only $15.95 + FREE shipping with code BESTORY through 4/30/17.
I love the simplicity of the shirt and that it can serve as not only an encouragement to me when I wear it, but also as an encouragement to others. My favorite way to wear this shirt is with a simple necklace with jeans and my Sperrys! I can also toss on a cardigan over it and be comfortable.
In addition to the one that I have on, Cents of Style has some other amazing shirts in their Be Series. I think that my next shirt will be the “be still” or “be brave” as these are just so simple and encouraging. Actually…. I need one of each!! The Be Series really speaks to me and fits into what I want to be as a wife, mom, friend, daughter and more! Through April 30th, you can score these adorable shirts for only $15.95 each + FREE shipping HERE with coupon code BESTORY.