I LOVE to bake, but most of the time the recipe calls for something that I don’t have or that I don’t want to buy a whole container of for 1/2 cup! One of those items that I don’t usually keep on hand is Buttermilk- it is expensive and it doesn’t get used a lot so therefore goes bad. In an effort to save time and money I decided to try to make my OWN and ta-da, here it is:
- Measuring Cup
- 1 Tablspoon White Vinegar
- Just under 1 cup of Milk
- Put 1 Tablespoon white vinegar in a measuring cup.
- Add milk to reach the 1 cup line.
- Let this mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Voila! Homemade Buttermilk
What other recipe substitutes or homemade items like this have you made?