Cookies N Cream Ice cream is a dessert that is sure to please! Homemade ice cream is easier than you may think and this recipe is sure to be one you’ll want to save.
While we love the outdoors, we also work hard to stick to our budget. That means that we hit up local parks, take a lot of day trips in the local area and make food at home as much as we can. We rarely go out to eat and meal plan as much as possible!
As the warmer months arrive, desserts like Cookies N Cream ice cream become a staple in our house. You can enjoy sweet treats after a day of outside play, or while settling down and watching a movie as a family.
Ice cream is a treat that we all like and I’ve found some delicious recipes for making it right at home. Before we leave for a day, we will make the ice cream and get it into the freezer so that when we return, we have a nice, cool treat to enjoy together.
Making this delicious treat at home is easier than one may think! You don’t need a special ice cream machine, you just need a loaf pan and some ingredients. Have you ever done it this way? Now that I’ve done it once, I surely don’t want to do it any other way.
This homemade version tastes so much better to me than a store-bought brand. You will agree with me on this once you make it. The simple recipe for cookies n cream is below and starts with things like heavy whipping cream, Oreos, vanilla pudding mix and vanilla extract.
It’s as simple as mixing it altogether and then freezing. Honestly, that’s all it takes! Enjoy!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ of a 3 oz package of vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package of Oreos - crushed (We like ours super heavy on the cookies part so we used a little over half of the package)
- In a bowl, pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks begin to form. (A mixer is totally useful for this, but you can do it by hand if you don’t have one!)
- In a separate bowl, pour in 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla and the vanilla pudding. Mix well.
- Add in some crushed Oreo cookies and mix. In a metal loaf pan, pour about half of the mixture.
- Layer the top with crushed Oreos and pour the remaining ice cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crushed Oreos.
- Cover with press and seal or plastic wrap and freeze for 24 hours.
I’m Olivia – a lifestyle blogger bringing you the best in recipes, DIYs, parenting and more! Browse around and follow me on social!