Do you love to cook meals in your Crockpot? I can use my Cockpot year ’round but especially in the fall. Sometimes, though, I just need a nice side dish to go with dinner that I’ve baked or grilled. This recipe for Honey and Brown Sugar Glazed Crockpot Carrots meets that need and is super simple. In fact, these are ingredients that I have on hand all of the time.
Honey and Brown Sugar Glazed Crockpot Carrots
Yields: 8-10 servings
1/4 cup water
2 pound bag baby carrots – rinsed
1/2 stick butter – cut into 6-8 slices
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Chopped dill – for garnish
1. Pour the water into the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Add the carrots, butter, brown sugar, honey and salt.
3. Place lid on top and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
4. Remove lid to the crockpot and stir carrots. Place lid back on and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
5. Transfer the glazed carrots to a bowl or serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped dill.
Super easy, right? These crockpot carrots are a unique and sweet twist on the traditional steamed carrots side dish. With the holidays coming up, these would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas family meal.