Some of the diet plans out there are very strict and require special food. However, there are those like Keto that are just modifications of your regular diet to promote health and weight loss.
A coworker of mine has been following the Keto diet for over a year and has had amazing results. He also just added in intermittent fasting which is a unique way to eat in intervals.
However, no matter what you do in trying to be healthy and/or following a specific diet plan, you’ll want to find recipes that are healthy and delicious! This Keto-Friendly Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is another one that I like to make for my family.
We can have delicious treats and wholesome dinners with the Keto diet or a low-carb diet. The basics of a Keto diet are low-carb, high protein diet. This can mean weight loss but also health benefits like those with diabetes or preventing certain ailments.
Keto diets come in different types and you can find which one you’d like to follow here. From there, you can learn more about the beginning stages of Keto, health benefits and more!
Keto Friendly Lemon Cookies
These cookies are so easy to make and would you believe Keto friendly? Finding desserts that are easy to make and safe for just about everyone to eat at your gatherings.
Making Keto friendly lemon cookies is super simple and takes just a few standard ingredients. They’re low carb which means they’re perfect for those following the Keto diet and those with health challenges that they have to limit their carbs.
Preheat your oven to 350, and add the butter, sweetener, and egg white to a medium size mixing bowl or stand mixer. cream about 1 minute.
After that, you’ll add in cream cheese, vanilla and lemon extract and mix well.
Next, fold all of your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the mixture forms a dough like consistency.
Make sure you place the dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes – this helps when you’re rolling the balls out for cookies.
Now, use an ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to make balls and then add on a cookie sheet. You can use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper sheet if you’d like.
Before baking, flatten the cookies with a fork or the bottom of a glass and then bake for 8-10 minutes until they’re just browned.
Store these cookies in an airtight container – if you don’t eat them all at once!
These lemon cookies are keto friendly, low carb and easy to make!
- • 1/4 cup softened butter
- • 1/2 cup keto friendly granulated sweetener
- • 1 egg white
- • 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- • 3 cups almond flour
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add butter, sweetener, and egg white to a medium size mixing bowl or stand mixer. cream about 1 minute.
- Add in the cream cheese, vanilla and lemon extract and mix well.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until mixture forms a dough like consistency. Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place balls of dough on cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies with a fork or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are just browned.
- Store in an airtight container.