This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RoadTripOil #CollectiveBias
I’ve lived in Southern Maryland my entire life and there are still so many sights that I haven’t seen not only in Maryland but also in other states. Our family loves to visit locations that are within a few hours drive from us for the day or a short weekend getaway. We love to find new places whether a beach, historic or just a nice little town. Maryland has some absolutely stunning sights and I am excited to share not only our top 5 with you but also why we trust Pennzoil® to keep our cars healthy and running for our family adventures.
Top 5 Destinations in Maryland
- Annapolis: The state capital is a beautiful place with the water and boats! Plus, there are some delicious local restaurants. We love to go and walk the United States Naval Academy too!
- Frederick: This is a few hours from us here in Southern Maryland but we have driven through and stopped at some local attractions there as well. What a great, beautiful town! It is definitely worth a visit.
- Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park: What a beautiful sight!! The C&O Canal operated from 1828-1924 as a transportation route, primarily hauling coal along the Potomac River to Georgetown. This site features hundreds of locks, lock houses, and aqueducts, are still standing as reminders of the canal’s role as a transportation system during the Canal Era. This is one place we have not visited but is on our list.
- Baltimore: There are a few different places you can visit – Baltimore Inner Harbor is absolutely stunning. You can take a dinner or lunch cruise in the water and see some fun sights. You can also visit the Baltimore Ohio Railroad Museum. The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum is one of Baltimore’s biggest attractions and offers a look at some of America’s important railroad history.
- Assateague State Park: Assateague State Park is located on Assateague Island, a barrier island. The park has campsites, picnic tables, a camp store and eating facilities. We visited a few years ago with my in laws and fell in love. We love that you can drive through and see all kinds of wildlife and you can also enjoy the beach!!
Although some of these locations are day trips, others offer great places to stay overnight or a few days. Maryland has some pretty sites and I cannot wait to visit more! When we travel, we need to ensure that our car is in tip-top shape to transport my family to and from home.
Getting your oil changed with Pennzoil, oil that helps clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind at Walmart helps make those summer road trips a success by saving time and money. My car has almost 75,000 miles on it, and then it will be time to switch to Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil. We took our car to the Auto Care Center for an oil change with Pennzoil Platinum®: Full Synthetic Motor Oil with PurePlus™ Technology and not only received great customer service and a quick turnaround but we knew that we were using quality oil to get us around the sites in Maryland that we want to see.
As I stated above, we are going to switch to the Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil when our cars hit 75,000 miles! Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil helps clean out the sludge lesser oils leave behind, while helping to reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines. It’s a motor oil specifically designed for new or late model vehicles with over 75,000 miles, with the mission of keeping engines running clean and going strong. From June 15 to September 28, the Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil is on Rollback to $35.88 (regular $39.88)!
Find your local Auto Care Center!
What are some of your favorite places to visit in your state?!