Meatloaf Muffins with Barbecue sauce are a delicious twist on a traditional meatloaf dinner. Your whole family will love these perfectly sized meatloaves!
This is one of my favorite comfort foods! Have you ever made them into muffins? They not only cook faster but they are just the perfect size for serving and also the perfect size for leftovers.
These meatloaf muffins are made a little different than traditional meatloaf with all sorts of veggies and a fun/unique flavor of barbecue sauce and steak seasoning. I was a little apprehensive at first with this recipe but oh my it is SO good!
Ingredients Needed to Make Meatloaf Muffins
- Ground beef
- Green pepper
- Bread Crumbs
- Grill Seasoning
- Barbecue sauce
- Tomato salsa
- Worcestershire sauce
How Long Do I Cook Mini Meatloaf Muffins?
These mini meatloaves should should take about 22 – 26 minutes in a preheated 425°F oven. This is WAY less than a regular meatloaf! Always use a meat thermometer, too! Ground beef should be 160°F and ground poultry should be 165°F.
What to Serve with your Meatloaf Muffins
Some of my favorite sides are these Honey and Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots.
Can I Freeze the Meatloaf Muffins?
I love making meals in advance as part of my meal prepping. Yes, these mini meatloaves can be frozen for a make-ahead meal or when you have extras!
You can freeze these after they’re cooked by removing the cooled muffins from the muffin tin and placing them in a freezer bag!
Freeze them raw by placing the muffin pan filled with the meatloaves in the freezer to harden for about an hour. Once they’re frozen, remove them from the muffin tin and place them in a freezer bag!
How Do I Defrost?
Defrost these mini meatloaves before reheating. You can put the sealed freezer bag in a cool water bath too. Then, just put them into a muffin pan, cover with foil and reheat at 350°F for 20 minutes. Voila!
- 1 2/3 to 1 3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk,
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 large egg plus a splash of milk, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put ground beef into a large bowl.
- Put onion and celery into a food processor.
- Cut the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them away. Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor.
- Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl.
- Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
- Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix.
- Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
- Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil.
- Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin. Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through.