Desserts are easily my favorite thing to make but I prefer things like cookies or cheesecake! Pies are not my forte, but mini pies are easy and fun! These mini apple pies are the perfect dessert for a crowd or even for your family for dessert. They’re super simple and quick to make which means they can easily be a weeknight dessert treat. Make a batch of these mini apple pies to celebrate an occasion in your family like Valentine’s Day, birthday, anniversary, etc.
Mini Apple Pies
– Pie Crust (you can make homemade but it’s so easy and fast to buy the already made pie crust!)
– 2 Large Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
– 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
– 1 Tablespoon of Flour
– 4 Tablespoons of Butter, softened
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
– 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
– In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
– Roll your pie crust out and use a round cookie cutter (or even the top of a peanut butter jar!) to create circles.
– Scoop the apple mixture on top of each pie crust circle making sure to not fill to the ends.
– Fold the edges of the pie crust over the apple mixture.
– Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
-Top with ice cream and serve!
You can even sprinkle them with cinnamon before you serve, yum! These mini pies are perfect for family events or to celebrate a holiday like Valentine’s Day or your anniversary. My husband isn’t a huge fan of desserts unless it is cheesecake or strawberry shortcakes, but I could go for dessert at any moment. These mini pies are perfect for me and sometimes I prefer them without the ice cream. Plus, since they’re super simple and pretty, I can make a batch easily and share with my coworkers or son’s daycare workers since they appreciate my treats!