M&M Hot Cocoa Bombs are a delicious chocolate surprise that the whole family will love. Hot cocoa bombs are the latest craze, and they’re not challenging, at all, to make!
Your kids (and you) are going to love making these M&M Hot Cocoa Bombs, they’re super simple and easily customizable! You can’t go wrong with chocolate in my opinion!
More Dessert Recipes
- Orange Zest Sprinkle Cookies with Homemade Icing!
- Caramel Bacon Bit Sugar Cookies
- Easy Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- 3 Ingredient Cookies & Cream Fudge
What do you need to make M&M Hot Cocoa Bombs?
How do you make M&M Hot Cocoa Bombs
This recipe is easy but does take a little bit of patience. I promise you, they will be delicious even if you’re not good at decorating them ;).
First, gather all of your ingredients and supplies and measure it out so you’re ready to go.
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl until completely melted. Make sure you stir several times during the time so that the chocolate melts nice and smooth.
Now its time to put your chocolate into the molds. Use a teaspoon to spoon the chocolate into the silicone mold one at a time. This is where the patience comes in as you spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold. Do this to all 12 half circles.
Now place the silicone mold in the freezer for a few minutes and then remove. Add a second layer of melted chocolate to them paying close attention to the edges before freezing again.
Remove them from the mold carefully using food safe gloves and set aside gently.
Carefully stretch the molds to remove the half circles. Turn the mold upside down and place the rounded sides in between the molds as a stand while filling.
Reheat the chocolate if it has hardened and add some to the decorating bag.
Cut the tip off of the decorating bag and frost the edge of one half circle. Carefully and quickly add the empty chocolate circle on top to make a sphere. Hold in place until the chocolate has acted like glue and hardened.
Place onto a plate and drizzle with melted chocolate and add some miniature M&Ms for decoration!
How do you use Hot Cocoa Bombs?
Once the chocolate has hardened, place the bomb into an empty glass or coffee mug and pour 1 cup of hot milk on top slowly. It will melt and then “explode” and then you’ll stir and enjoy.
My Hot Cocoa Bomb didn’t melt?!
Make sure your milk is steaming. I find that 1.5 – 2 minutes in the microwave is perfect for getting that bomb to melt.
You can either put the bomb into the empty cup and pour the milk over top, or gently drop the hot cocoa bomb into the hot milk. Either way will work, it just depends on your preference.
What other variations can I make?
The options are endless. What about a Reese’s Cup or a Cookies and Cream. You can even do an Andes Mints one. Be creative and you can make a hot cocoa bomb with any flavor you or your family like!
Hot cocoa bombs are all the rage but don't spend a fortune buying them when you can make them yourself. These M&M ones are a delicious treat that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 Cups chocolate chips
- Hot Cocoa Bomb Silicone Mold
- Scoopable Hot Cocoa Powder
- Miniature M&M’s
- Decorating Bag
- Place 2 cups chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, heat on 50% power in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the chocolate into the half circles on the silicone mold, one at a time. Spreading the chocolate evenly onto the sides and bottom of mold until completely coated in melted chocolate. Do the same to all 12 half circles.
- Place the silicone molds into the freezer for 2-3 minutes and remove.
- Add a second layer of melted chocolate to the half circles molds, especially on the edges.
- Freeze again for another minute and remove carefully with food safe gloves.
- Carefully stretch the silicone molds to remove the half circles.
- Turn the mold upside down and place the rounded sides in between the molds as a stand while filling.
- Add 1 tablespoon and several miniature M&M’s to the one side.
- Reheat the chocolate if it has hardened and add 4 tablespoons to a decorating bag.
- Cut a small tip off the decorating bag and frost the edge of one half chocolate circle. Carefully and quickly add an empty chocolate circle on top to make a sphere and hold it in place for 15 seconds or until the chocolate has acted like glue and hardened.
- Place onto a plate, drizzle melted chocolate on top with the decorating bag, and top with miniature M&M’s.
- Let the chocolate harden and place in a glass of warm/hot milk, stir, and watch the bomb melt to see what’s inside or place in an empty glass and pour hot milk on top of the bomb, watching it melt, and then stir.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 41gProtein: 3g
This N That with Olivia, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thisnthatwitholivia.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.