I love to snack, and usually the snacks that I grab for are unhealthy ones. Chips, cookies, sodas, etc. Those are my go-to snacks when I need some energy or something to occupy me. In fact, some days I skip lunch and just eat snacks. Yep, this is not so healthy! I am trying to be better because I am starting to gain some weight and already needed to lose some weight.
Making healthy choices is not that hard, it just needs to be part of your normal life. For example, I’ve been packing some fruit and yogurt for breakfast to take to work. I’ve also been packing lunch instead of going downstairs to the cafeteria. That not only helps me to eat better, it also saves us money!
Do you get the afternoon slump? I do sometimes and most days I go for those unhealthy snacks. While it is okay to do that every once in awhile, when it becomes almost a daily thing, I can’t let myself do that. How about spending some time on the weekend making a nice snack that is delicious and healthy for the week ahead?These No Bake Energy Bites are delicious and perfect for that mid day snack attack that we all get! The combination of ingredients in these energy bites are delicious! I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
No Bake Energy Bites
- 2 cups instant oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup nuts (I used a nut mix of peanuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, pistachios and craisins)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia Nectar
Makes approximately 10-15 1” balls
Steps 1-4: Add oats, blueberries, currants, coconut to a medium mixing bowl.
Steps 5-6: Add chocolate chips and nuts. Mix together.
Steps 7-8: Add peanut butter and Truvia Nectar and mix very well with a sturdy spoon or with gloved hands.
Step 9: Place bowl in fridge for 15-30 minutes to firm up the mixture. This makes rolling it into balls much easier.
Step 10: Roll into 1” balls and place on a cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container in a cool area or in the fridge.
Step 11: Enjoy + Store in an airtight container.
What snacks do you like to have on hand? I try to keep dried fruit, nuts, and these energy balls with me at work. Sometimes I do have a snack like a piece of chocolate or chips but I am trying to be better about what I grab for!
- • 2 cups instant oats
- • 1 cup natural peanut butter
- • 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- • 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- • 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- • 1/4 cup nuts (I used a nut mix of peanuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, pistachios and craisins)
- • 2 tablespoons Truvia Nectar
I’m Olivia – a lifestyle blogger bringing you the best in recipes, DIYs, parenting and more! Browse around and follow me on social!