If you’re looking for a delicious and easy dinner recipe, then you’re going to LOVE the Oven Fried Chicken! I love that this recipe includes a lot of flavor and gives the taste that it was fried yet it’s not. I have made it numerous times and my husband scarfs it up….. that means it must be good.
Oven Fried Chicken Recipe:
- 2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 cups buttermilk (see my recipe for Homemade Buttermilk)
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Put chicken strips and buttermilk in a large Ziploc bag. Seal bag tightly and allow chicken to soak for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow pie pan, combine seasoning salt, pepper, flour and paprika.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray then cut up the butter into pieces and place around the bottom of the pan.
- Place baking pan with butter in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the butter is melted and hot. Remove pan from oven.
- Shake excess buttermilk off of each piece of chicken and coat in seasoning mix.
- Place coated chicken pieces in the baking pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and turn each piece of chicken and cook for 15 more minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe Credit: Six Sisters’ Stuff!