Aren’t the snails above adorable? You can make these at home with your children and have a blast doing it. This craft uses some materials that you may have laying around and takes just a few steps and additional materials. With the summer here, it is great to have some indoor projects to do as it gets warmer and the summer storms come in the forecast. Crafts are great to do as a family and these snails are perfect.
Paper Plate Snails
- Small paper plates
- Kids plastic beads
- Colored cardstock
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
1. Draw a snail head onto your colored cardstock like pictured (like a “c” shape cut in half).
2. Cut a 3″ pipe off a pipe cleaner, fold it in half, and glue the center to the top of the snails head.
3. Glue one googly eye onto each pipe cleaner top.
4. Use your crayon to draw a smiley face slightly below the eyes.
5. Now carefully use your hot glue to draw a swirl onto your paper plate starting in the center and only a small section at a time.
6. Immediately stick your beads onto the hot glue, apply more glue continuing the swirl, stick on more beads, and repeat until your bead swirl is complete.
7. Now glue your snail head onto one side of the plate and your snail is complete.
What do you think about these adorable snails? The tutorial above shows you how easy it is. If you’re looking for more projects to do this summer, you’ll want to check out the following projects and tips that I’ve shared:
Have a fantastic Summer and be safe. 🙂