I love yogurt for breakfast, but sometimes it just needs a little something…more. To make it a bit heartier and satisfying. While I do occasionally indulge in pre made flavors from the grocery store I really love creating my own from plain Greek Yogurt. I get the protein and calcium that I need, limitless flavors, and no artificial anything. One of my favorite creations is this Peach Pie Yogurt Cup- it’s like having dessert for breakfast with very little guilt. Creamy, loaded with fruit flavor, and comforting-nearly like mama’s best pie recipe.
For 2 breakfast cups you will need:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- ½ banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ graham cracker, crumbled
- In a blender or food processor combine yogurt, peaches, banana, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Puree until smooth (if you prefer texture you can leave some fruit in pieces.
- Divide between two small cups.
- Top with crumbled graham cracker crumbs and a peach slice- remember we eat first with our eyes. The more visually appealing something is the more it satisfies.