Do you get any sort of winter weather where you live? Here in Southern Maryland, we usually do get a few snow storms a year but nothing compared to the other midwest states that are usually pummeled with snow. One year, we got like a 2′ snowstorm and while out of the norm, it was awesome!
I love the snow and enjoy watching it fall but I hate driving in it and cleaning the cars off. Our son isn’t a huge fan either, but he will go out with us for a bit. It takes more time to get him dressed than he spends out there but we enjoy it as a family.
One of my all time favorite animals that reminds me of cold weather are polar bears. They are so cute and I enjoy seeing pictures of them – I’ve never actually seen one in person! When it gets cold, I love seeing polar bears and felt that it would be perfect for winter to make these delicious and adorable polar bear cupcakes!
You start with just white cupcakes and then some frosting, melting discs, M&Ms, coconut and some candy eyes, and you’ve got yourself an easily decorated polar bear cupcake! You’re going to love these and they’re a fun treat to make with the kids, too!!
Polar Bear Cupcakes
- 8-10 White Cupcakes (I used mini and regular size ones)
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 24-30 White Chocolate Melting Disk
- 8-10 Blue M&M’s
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 16-20 Candy Eyeballs
Sprinkle the shredded coconut all over the frosting and gently pat down.
Place 2 chocolate disk towards the back for the ears and 2 candy eyes towards the center. Then add a dab of frosting to a blue M&M and place it on a chocolate disk, this will be the nose. Place the nose on bottom center of the cupcake.
They are ready to enjoy!! Great for a fun winter treat or to take to a party!
Aren’t they adorable!? What a fun treat to make for the winter months to share with family and friends. Check out the printable recipe!
1. With a piping bag or knife, frost all the cupcakes with the vanilla frosting.
2. Sprinkle the shredded coconut all over the frosting and gently pat down.
3. Place 2 chocolate disk towards the back for the ears and 2 candy eyes towards the center. Then add a dab of frosting to a blue M&M and place it on a chocolate disk, this will be the nose. Place the nose on bottom center of the cupcake.
4. They are ready to enjoy!! Great for a fun winter treat or to take to a party!
- Festival Candy Eyes Treat Toppers, 2.9 Ounce
- Organic Shredded Coconut by Food To Live (Desiccated, Unsweetened, Non-GMO, Kosher, Bulk) — 12 Ounces
- Blue M&M'S Bulk Candy Bag (2lb)
- Ghirardelli Melting Wafers Variety Pack with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers and Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers. One Stop Shopping for the Best Tasting Melting Chocolate Wafers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gear up for game day with these Stadium Sugar Cookies!
I’m Olivia – a lifestyle blogger bringing you the best in recipes, DIYs, parenting and more! Browse around and follow me on social!