The Fourth of July is a day to celebrate America’s freedom! You may find different festivals and fireworks displays in addition to some personal parties and get togethers thrown to celebrate.
This is a day that represents the birth of the United States of America as an independent nation and represents the Declaration of Independence! It is a GREAT time and reason to celebrate.
Of course, the colors are red, white and blue – our beautiful, American flag. I love to find desserts and treats to make that are themed with those colors to celebrate our country’s freedom.
Whether you’re having a small get together or a large one, you’ll want some delicious treats and foods to celebrate our great nation themed for Independence Day!
Fruit is a great food to celebrate Independence Day as it is colorful and can be used in a variety of ways. One of the ways I love to use fruit is in this Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad. This fruit salad is packed with delicious fruit flavors and colors!
More Independence Day Foods
- Patriotic Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Patriotic Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches
- Easy + Delicious 4th of July Cookies!
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad
- 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
What special foods or treats do you like to make for Independence Day? I’d love to find some more delicious foods for my family to enjoy!
One other way that we like to celebrate is with decorations. This wreath tutorial is one that I LOVE.
What do you need to make Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad?
- Coconut Flakes
- Cream Cheese
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
How do you make Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad?
This is probably the simplest recipe that I can share for the Fourth of July celebrations. You can make this recipe with a few simple steps and mixing!
First, you’ll want to prepare and wash your fruit. Washing it is extremely important so that you get it all clean and ready to prepare.
Next, quarter your strawberries and add to a large bowl.
Third, let’s add blueberries, marshmallows and coconut flakes.
Now grab a second bowl and add the cream cheese (softened), vanilla and marshmallow fluff into this bowl. I’d use a hand mixer if possible so that you can mix it completely. While mixing, slowly add heavy whipping cream.
Its time to combine! Add the cream cheese mixture into the bowl of fruit and gently fold together. Don’t mix too hard or the fruit will break apart.
How do I serve Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad?
You can serve this in ramekins, or in a pedestal dish! The options are endless. If you want to serve it outdoors, I’d recommend keeping it on ice until ready to serve.
Are there any ingredients I can omit?
The one ingredient in this that you could omit would be the coconut flakes. If you’re not a fan of coconut, you can leave those out and it won’t affect the flavor or outcome of this delicious fruit salad.
Can you prepare this in advance?
If needed, you can prepare this fruit salad in advance.There are a few ways you can do this:
- You can chop the fruit and mix together the cream cheese mixture and have it ready to combine when you’re ready to serve. Just leave the cream cheese mixture out for a bit before mixing it altogether so that it softens a bit.
- You can prepare it as if you were ready to serve and store in the refrigerator. Just remember to take it out of the refrigerator and let it soften a little bit before stirring so the fruit doesn’t get smashed.
Can I use frozen fruit?
I highly recommend fresh fruit for this recipe. Frozen fruit has some water in it that will not allow this fruit salad to gain the proper consistency.
Celebrate the freedom of the United States of America with this Red, White and Blue Fruit salad. It is perfect for any Independence Day get togethers you are hosting or attending.
- 1 1/2 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare and wash fruit. Quarter strawberries and add into a large bowl with blueberries, marshmallows, and coconut flakes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla and marshmallow fluff. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed while slowly incorporating the heavy whipping cream.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the bowl with the fruit and gently fold together.
- Serve in ramekins or a pedestal bowl.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
This N That with Olivia, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thisnthatwitholivia.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.