Apple and cinnamon are of course among the most popular fall flavors. Pies, shakes, and every other recipe you can put them into. But sometimes changing up your favorite, just a little bit, creates a whole new amazing favorite dish- like this amazing Apple Rhubarb Crisp. Traditional fall flavors of apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg with sweet-tartness of rhubarb that adds another layer of flavor to a simple fall recipe. This would be fantastic topped with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, whipped cream, caramel sauce, or a drizzle of cream. Whether it is for a simple family dinner at home or you bring it out after a holiday meal the will scoop up every crumb!
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
½ cup walnuts, crushed-optional
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter an 11×17 baking dish well.
3. Peel and dice apples, chop rhubarb into small pieces.
4. Toss apples, rhubarb, lemon juice, sugars, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
5. Grab a separate bowl and mix flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and melted butter until thoroughly combined.
6. Pour apple mixture into pan that you have prepared already.
7. Spoon topping evenly over apple mixture.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is crisp and lightly browned.