Peaches are one of my all time favorite fruits as they are sweet and delicious in all kinds of desserts. A dessert that I always enjoy making and eating is crisp and it is my favorite because it can be made with so many different variations.
This peach raspberry crisp is made in a skillet which gives it a unique texture and taste — one that is super addicting and makes me want to make the skillet crisp with different flavors like apple and strawberry.
Crisp recipes speak fall to me and while it is still summer here in Maryland, I am ready to enjoy some fall desserts. Another recipe that I love is this apple rhubarb crisp! If you’ve never baked with rhubarb before, you’re going to want to give this delicious recipe a try. Rhubarb adds a delicious twist to the traditional apple crisp!!
This skillet peach raspberry crisp takes ingredients like peaches, raspberries, lemon juice, flour, sugar, and cinnamon! Of course the oats and butter mixture make the crisp the best ever! Preparation is easy too!
Give it a try, you’re going to love it!
Skillet Peach Raspberry Crisp
- 4-5 large peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour plus 3 Tablespoons, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 10 or 12 inch iron skillet and set aside.
2. Thinly slice each peach (about 1/2 inch thick) and place the peach slices in a large mixing bowl. Add the raspberries, lemon juice, 3 Tablespoons of flour, granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Gently stir about 3-4 times or until the flour is absorbed. Spoon the fruit mixture into the greased skillet.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the rolled oats, brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the melted butter. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture on top of the fruit, covering the fruit entirely.
4. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the oatmeal crisp is golden brown. Remove from oven.
4. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.