Have you gotten any snow where you are? Here in Southern Maryland, we are getting some right now. Those southernly storms really dump it on us because at first they said we weren’t getting anything, and then they said a dusting and now we are up to 4-8″ they’re calling for! Crazy, right?
Even thought it’s cold outside, I am warm inside and making sweet treats for my family. This is the time of the year that we look for fun indoor activities for the family and a time when I spend decluttering and cleaning my house! I also love to wrap Christmas presents when its snowing and bake delicious winter treats.
These snowman Rice Krispie treats are delicious, perfect for the cooler weather and fun to make and enjoy. Your kiddos will love to help you make these! I love the little ear muffs ;).
See the full tutorial and make these for your family and friends – I promise they’ll love them! Then, while you’re at it, make these delicious Grinch Cookies! What are your favorite things to make in the Christmas season?
Snowman Rice Krispies
In a large bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and mix.
Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until your cereal is evenly covered in your marshmallow mixture.
Let set for a few hours and use a circle cookies cutter on the scalloped side to cut out circle shaped Rice Krispies.
Mix one cup of frosting with a few drops of orange food coloring and another cup with a few drops of green food coloring, mix each separately and scoop into a decorating bags and cut a small tip off the ends.
Use the decorating bag to draw a carrot nose on the center of each snowman Rice Krispie.
- 10 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Vanilla frosting
- Miniature M&M’s
- Orange food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Shredded coconut
- TOOLS NEEDED:
- Decorating bags
- Large microwave safe bowl
- Long spoon
- 9x13” pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Scalloped circle cookie cutter
- In a large bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and mix.
- Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until your cereal is evenly covered in your marshmallow mixture.
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan and press your Rice Krispies mixture into your pan firmly.
- Let set for a few hours and use a circle cookies cutter on the scalloped side to cut out circle shaped Rice Krispies.
- Frost the top of your Rice Krispie Treats with vanilla frosting and dip the top into your shredded coconut.
- Mix one cup of frosting with a few drops of orange food coloring and another cup with a few drops of green food coloring, mix each separately and scoop into a decorating bags and cut a small tip off the ends.
- Use the decorating bag to draw a carrot nose on the center of each snowman Rice Krispie.
- Dab a small amount of vanilla frosting onto the back on several M&M’s and stick two above the nose for eyes and five below the nose for a mouth.
- Now use the green frosting and draw a half circle on the top of snowman for ear muffs and stick one green M&M’s on each side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies Breakfast Cereal, Original, Fat-Free, Family Size, 24 oz Box
- M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candy Fun Size 10.53-Ounce Bag
- Food Coloring Liqua-Gel - 12 Color Variety Kit in .75 fl. oz. (20ml) Bottles
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Shredded Coconut (Medium), 1 Pound
- Piping Bags 16-Inch 100 Pack Pastry Bag Icing Bags Frosting Bags Cake Decorating Bags Disposable Icing Bags Pastry Disposable Bag Disposable Piping Bags for Cake Cupcake Cookie Decorating (white)
- Ecolution Bakeins Cake Pan – PFOA, BPA, and PTFE Free Non-Stick Coating – Heavy Duty Carbon Steel – Dishwasher Safe – Gray – 13” x 9” x 1.875”
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Non-Stick Cooking Spray - No Propellants, Eco Friendly
- Norpro 3490 Scallop Biscuit/Cookie Cutter, Metallic, Set of 3