Dry skin can be daunting, and finding a lotion that provides effective moisture is tough as many of those in the store have products that dry your skin out more than it already is. It is important to look for quality ingredients when finding a lotion that will be effective.
It is hard, however, to find these products in the store. Did you know how easy it is to make your own lotion bars? These Sweet Orange Honey Lemon Bars are super simple to make and will provide you with super moisturized skin. Plus, they make a GREAT gift for the gardener or person who has their hands in water all day.
Sweet Orange Honey Lotion Bars
Yields: 1 dozen
- 12 count silicone mini muffin mold
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shea butter - cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup beeswax pellets
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 4-5 Vitamin E oil
- 10-12 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Sprinkle orange zest into the bottom of each mold and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax pellets in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Add the honey, vitamin E oil and orange essential oil and stir well.
- Pour the melted mixture into the molds, filling up to the top. Allow to harden at room temperature for 4 hours or chill for 2 hours.
- Wilton Easy-Flex Silicone Baking
- Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
- Organic Shea Butter By Sky Organics: Unrefined, Pure, Raw Ivory Shea Butter 16oz – Skin Nourishing, Moisturizing & Healing, For Dry Skin, Dusting Powders -For Skin Care, Hair Care & DIY Recipes
- BEESWAX PELLETS, YELLOW, 1lb-Cosmetic Grade-Triple Filtered Beeswax. Must Have For Many Different Projects
- Vitamin E Oil PURE Organic d-alpha tocopherol 30,000 IU - 1 Ounce, Derived from non-GMO Sunflower/Safflower Oil, Soy-Free and Wheat-Free.
- Sweet Orange - 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 10ml
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m Olivia – a lifestyle blogger bringing you the best in recipes, DIYs, parenting and more! Browse around and follow me on social!