Finding quality cookware is usually a pretty daunting task for me! I love the cookware that has non-stick surfaces and that is dishwasher safe. We’ve had the same set of cookware since we first got married and it has seen better days. We were recently set a new pan from Swiss Diamond Cookware and love it.
What about the cookware impresses me? Why am I using this Cookware primarily in my home? Read on to see more about this line of cookware and what we think of it!
About Swiss Diamond
Swiss Diamond is dedicated to empowering the home chef by manufacturing the highest quality nonstick cookware in the world from our factory in Sierre, Switzerland. We believe cooking at home should be convenient and healthy – so we use cast aluminum and reinforce our nonstick coating with real diamond crystals.
Simply the Best
- Gold Medal Winner – International Exhibition of Inventions
- Best Nonstick Cookware – leading U.S. consumer reporting organization
- The Rolls-Royce of Nonstick Fry Pans – Wall Street Journal
- Recommended for vegan and vegetarian cooking – American Vegetarian Association
- Recommended – Cooking Club of America
Why Do We Use Diamonds?
Swiss Diamond cookware uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamonds. The coating of each Swiss Diamond pan contains up to 200,000 real diamond crystals for a long-lasting non stick surface. We like to consider diamonds a chef’s best friend. Why?
- Diamonds are durable – As the hardest material known to man, diamonds lend the coating additional strength and longevity.
- Diamonds are a better heat conductor than metal – Four times more conductive than copper, diamonds help distribute heat evenly across the surface of the pan. Diamonds also allow the pan to brown food like stainless steel, creating a “fond” that can be used for gravy – or easily washed away with warm soapy water.
- Diamonds are naturally nonstick – One of the most valuable properties of diamonds is that they have intrinsic nonstick properties, unlike titanium reinforcement. This gives the coating outstanding nonstick release properties.
The Swiss Diamond Cookware line has impressed me more than I ever thought possible. When we received the 2 pans in the mail to check out, I was very happy with their size and durability. Plus, they use diamonds — how cool. We were sent the Nonstick Fry Pan with Lid for review and we’ve used it so many times for dinner preparation. The pan is a nice size and heavy! It comes with the lid that is very nicely made too! Using this pan reminds me of using a cast iron skillet without actually using one. One of the most important things to me is that this pan is dishwasher safe! That means that we can use this without having to worry about it sitting in the sink waiting for me to handwash it. Plus, it comes super clean in the dishwasher, too! 🙂
We decided to make a batch of orange chicken the other night in our Swiss Diamond Cookware! I am SO impressed that the sticky orange sauce did not stick and made clean up a breeze. While cooking the chicken, you have to let it simmer and the sauce to thicken. The sauce, however, moved around easily in this pan! I love it. I also love that it is dishwasher safe. I simply wiped out the leftover sauce and then put it in the dishwasher for a nice cleaning. We love this pan and it is my go to for cooking on the stove. Things usually stick to our other pans so its time to get rid of them! Find out how to properly care for your Swiss Diamond cookware HERE!