Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, so why not get into the spirit with this easy to craft Valentine’s Day Treat Container? You can make your own treat container using a few common supplies, most of which you may have on hand. The end result is the perfect little treat container, great for holding conversation hearts or other sweet treats. Here is how you can get started crafting your own.
- Cardboard tube (toilet paper or paper towel works great)
- Scrapbook paper in choice of theme or color (We used a multi heart print, Hobby Lobby)
- Ribbon or twine
1. Begin by wrapping your tube in the craft paper. Trim the paper to fit nicely then secure to the tube with glue. If using a paper towel roll, you will need to cut it down to about 4 inches in size first. A toilet paper tube on the other hand is ready to go.
2. Now, close the end of your tube by folding the edges inward. Fold down one side and press the other side down over it. Secure the two sides down/together with glue.
3. Embellish the treat holder by tying a length of twine or ribbon around it. Just tie and wrap into a bow. You shouldn’t need glue to secure it but feel free to add a drop if it seems to be slipping.
4. Leave the opposite end open for adding treats.
Your Valentine’s Day treat container is now ready to be enjoyed. Fill it with small candies and display upright for guests to grab and go. Or, you can close the open end just like you did the previous end to keep all of the treats inside.
Gather your supplies and give this easy Valentine’s Day DIY a try!