Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, so why not get into the spirit with this easy to craft Valentine’s Day Treat Container? You can make your own treat container using a few common supplies, most of which you may have on hand. The end result is the perfect little treat container, great for holding conversation hearts or other sweet treats. Here is how you can get started crafting your own.
- Cardboard tube (toilet paper or paper towel works great)
- Scrapbook paper in choice of theme or color (We used a multi heart print, Hobby Lobby)
- Ribbon or twine
1. Begin by wrapping your tube in the craft paper. Trim the paper to fit nicely then secure to the tube with glue. If using a paper towel roll, you will need to cut it down to about 4 inches in size first. A toilet paper tube on the other hand is ready to go.
2. Now, close the end of your tube by folding the edges inward. Fold down one side and press the other side down over it. Secure the two sides down/together with glue.
3. Embellish the treat holder by tying a length of twine or ribbon around it. Just tie and wrap into a bow. You shouldn’t need glue to secure it but feel free to add a drop if it seems to be slipping.
4. Leave the opposite end open for adding treats.
Your Valentine’s Day treat container is now ready to be enjoyed. Fill it with small candies and display upright for guests to grab and go. Or, you can close the open end just like you did the previous end to keep all of the treats inside.
Gather your supplies and give this easy Valentine’s Day DIY a try!
Valentine's Day Conversation Heart Pretzels and Video!
Thursday 10th of January 2019
[…] that are easy and great for the whole family are perfect! You can even do some crafting, like these treat containers! Here are some fun ways to decorate your home […]
Wednesday 1st of February 2017
What a fun and adorable and EASY Valentine's Day craft! The 1 year olds I teach will love to help make this.
Thursday 26th of January 2017
This is super cute. I'll have to make one for my toddler. :)
Abigail K Bernier
Monday 23rd of January 2017
I love this idea! My kids would like that they could help making the valentines for their friends!!
Saturday 21st of January 2017
Fun and sweet idea!!!