Summer is finally here, and with that means time spent outdoors with family and friends. You may be invited to some cookouts, church picnics or are just looking for recipes that are easy to pair with an outdoor family picnic. This Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad is delicious, easy and healthy. Watermelon is a common summer fruit so why not make it into a delicious salad for your next gathering? It is easy to make and I promise everyone will love it!
This recipe serves 10-12 and makes 8 cups of patriotic watermelon blueberry feta salad:
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly grated pepper to taste
5 cups diced watermelon (preferably seedless)
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
3 Tablespoons chopped mint
1. In a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, lime and lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
2. Remove seeds from watermelon (if not seedless) and dice into cubes. Add to your serving bowl.
3. Add the blueberries, feta crumbles and mint to the watermelon.
4. Pour the olive oil mixture over the watermelon salad and gently toss to coat all of the ingredients evenly.
5. Garnish with additional mint (optional).
5. Serve right away or cover and keep chilled up to 48 hours.
Yum!! The salad above is delicious and ready to go to your next gathering this summer. You’ll be the talk of the party with this salad on the table. I plan to make it for a few other events that we have on the calendar and even keep a bowl in the refrigerator for me to take to work!
What are your favorite picnic sides? I am always looking for new ideas!