Summer is almost here!! I am so excited for the warmer weather and family cookouts…… and watermelon! Watermelon is super delicious and a great summer treat. How about you celebrate summer with some adorable and delicious Watermelon Cookies? They’ll be perfect for your family’s next cookout or beach adventure and are a great treat for the kids.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix your cake mix with your oil, eggs, and flour and a few drop of green food coloring.
3. Form your thick batter into small 1″ balls and place onto your lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
5. While cooling, place your large open star frosting tip into the bottom of your decorating bag and cut the top off the end of the bag so that just the frosting tip comes through.
6. Mix a couple drops of pink food coloring in with your frosting and fill your decorating bag.
7. Twist the top of the bag and frost the center of each cookie in a spiral pattern starting at the outside and working your way in.
8. Sprinkle a few miniature chocolate chips onto the frosting and enjoy!
Yum!! These cookies are perfect for the Summer picnics and more. They’re delicious and easy to make, as you can see! You’ll be the hit of the party when you take these!
What other sweet treats are your summer favorites? I am a huge fan of desserts and am always looking for what treats to make for cookouts, family picnics and more! Share in the comments below your favorite recipes.
Plus, be sure you check out the other recipes in the awesome 12 days of Summer Recipes!
I’m Olivia – a lifestyle blogger bringing you the best in recipes, DIYs, parenting and more! Browse around and follow me on social!